We are looking for an outstanding individual to join us to work within our investment team. You will help us lead research into various financial services and technology industry segments, keep our deal flow machine running, help to build solid foundations for investment decisions by supporting due diligence on potential investments, and be the first point of contact for founders. You will work with other members of the investment team, and support both venture leads in our venture studio and business sponsors for existing and potential investments in the broader group.
Performance in this role will be measured across key performance indicators (KPIs) such as the following:
- Value of the portfolio
- Execution of strategic initiatives linked to portfolio companies
- Valuation and funding of UBX
- Deal flow quality, efficiency and effectiveness
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Finance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field, MBA or CFA preferred.
- Deep understanding of valuation and modeling (LBOs, liquidation waterfalls, cap tables, Discount Cash Flows, etc.) and a high level of proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets to complete this work accurately.
- A strong passion for investing and evaluating investment opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively, high level of proficiency in PowerPoint/Google Slides to distill information & key concepts into presentation format.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A strong sense of urgency and self-motivation to work autonomously.
- Limitless curiosity about business models and understanding of how companies make money.
- An interest in the fintech investment category and in gaining exposure to companies across that landscape including cryptocurrency, tokenized assets, exchanges & trading platforms, lending, digital payments, data businesses and technology companies.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Collaborative, empathetic and communicative. A true team player.
- Deeply passionate about startups, technology, and innovation.
- Practical work experience in startups and/or venture capital, private equity or consulting is preferred.