This role will be reporting to the Technology Operations Team in UBX. The role supports the implementation of application lifecycle management tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. DevOps Engineers embrace continuous integration/deployment in delivery pipelines that perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
The role is hands-on requires a solid background in the cloud management and infrastructure, continuous integration and deployment, container orchestration and hybrid developer/system administration.
Success on this role will be measured based on customer feedback and the following metrics:
- Increased customer activity, loyalty and satisfaction
- High system capacity, availability and redundancy
- Faster and more efficient deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or any relevant experience
- 5+ years working in DevOps Teams with recent experience in Designing and developing Organization’s Cloud deployments
- Exposure to DevOps practices, including automation, configuration management, and release
- Ability to script in Go, Pearl, Ruby, Python, PHP or other modern scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Workable knowledge of Configuration Management Products (e.g. Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation)
- Experience in the entire software product life cycle: Development, QE and Release management.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability working in a fast pace software development environment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to analyze a wide range of complex software problems, then recommend solutions.
- Must be flexible and able to work to deadlines